Slider

English Breakfast Tea (Whittard of Chelsea)


After a 12 months absence from drinking anything containing caffeine, I am back drinking tea. Proper tea! For the last year I've been surviving on Rooibos and to be fair, it has filled the void adequately although nothing, I repeat nothing, beats a nice cup of old Rosie Lee. But what of Whittard of Chelsea's English Breakfast?

The Whittard of Chelsea website says of this English Breakfast Tea...
"A Whittard firm favourite for well over a century now, our English Breakfast is smooth, versatile and invigorating, with a robust malty richness – particularly delicious served with a splash of milk"
Now, I like my tee strong so I let it brew in a cup (I couldn't find my teapot) for four minutes and then added a splash of milk and the first thing that struck me was the lovely colour. A really rich, reddy brown and a gorgeous smell. Oh how I've missed you! Twelve months IS a long time for an Englishman to be without tea...

Having tried all sorts of terrible tea, I like to think I can spot a good cuppa from a nasty cup of dishwater and this was very, very good. Full in flavour, without being bitter. Deep and lingering, I felt thoroughly refreshed after each cup.

At £4.25 for 50 tea bags, it isn't cheap, but you certainly get your money's worth. Already looking forward to tomorrow's brew...

Hey there, I'm nnop!

Share This Post

Comments

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment